Psychotherapy is a service that includes a professional interaction between yourself, a family member or loved one and a Licensed, trained psychotherapist.
The goal of psychotherapy is to helps people with a variety of mental and emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy can help eliminate or manage troubling symptoms so a person can improve daily functioning and increase overall well-being and healing.
The ultimate goal is to help people improve in various areas of their lives including but not limited to feeling better about themselves, and to better function in society.
Therapy can vary greatly in its focus. The various types of therapy include
The Benefits of therapy include:
- Increase personal awareness
- Improve relationship skills
- Understand and achieve personal goals
- Overcome illnesses such as depression, compulsive behaviors and eating disorders
- Improve self-confidence
- Improve mood
- Replaces negative thinking with positive thinking