- In the role of the Billing and Coding assistant, you will Assign codes to diagnoses and procedures, using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations
- Follow up with the provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Communicate with other clinical staff regarding documentation
- Search for information in cases where the coding is complex or unusual
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Review the previous day's batch of patient notes for evaluation and coding
- Ensure that all codes are current and active
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviewing EHR to ensure billing codes are accurate, to date and invoiced
- Following up with insurance providers regarding invoice payment.
- Tracking payment via payment systems
- Verifying insurance payouts
- Coordinating with the director on a biweekly basis.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate degree in Medical coding or successful completion of a certification program or 5 plus years of medical billing
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Superior mathematical skills
- Familiarity with ICD-9 codes and procedures
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of medical / mental health terminology preferred
- Able to work independently
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Envrio Coaching is an equal opportunity company and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, men, BIPOC, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please type Billing and Coding Assistant Opportunity in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.